Hello from a new CI User!

@Dylan

I finally figured out how to get into this HearPeers forum. I am newly implanted with the Med-El Synchrony CI. I've been wearing my Sonnet 2 processor since last Tuesday, which was my activation day. Up until about 2 months ago, I wore a hearing aid in my left ear and I did not use a hearing aid nor could I hear out of my right ear. A head injury caused my hearing to change drastically and the hearing aid no longer functioned for me. My Otologist strongly recommended the CI and I underwent surgery in mid-April. It was a strange and nerve wracking experience being in the hospital during this pandemic, but the staff was excellent and they allowed me to lip read so we could communicate. 

Right now I am getting the hang of this new way of hearing. I am not as wild about the Rondo 2 as I thought I would be and I probably should try it a bit more to see if I really don't like it. Also, I am struggling to find aural rehab activities, which surprises me as I expected there would be plenty of those. Most of what I do find is more appropriate for children. So, I am kind of improvising with various tasks here and there with my family, friends, and on my own. I have read a few posts/comments in the forum about how loud it is after activation. I can say this is certainly loud for me and I am only on program 2 and need to get to program 4 by the end of June! I can't even imagine it at this point. 

Anyway, I've probably said too much but I wanted to introduce myself. I will explore this forum more over the next few days and try to get a profile photo somehow (everything I have seems to large). I am looking forward to connecting with all of you! 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes
16 minutes ago, @Dylan said:

I finally figured out how to get into this HearPeers forum. I am newly implanted with the Med-El Synchrony CI. I've been wearing my Sonnet 2 processor since last Tuesday, which was my activation day. Up until about 2 months ago, I wore a hearing aid in my left ear and I did not use a hearing aid nor could I hear out of my right ear. A head injury caused my hearing to change drastically and the hearing aid no longer functioned for me. My Otologist strongly recommended the CI and I underwent surgery in mid-April. It was a strange and nerve wracking experience being in the hospital during this pandemic, but the staff was excellent and they allowed me to lip read so we could communicate. 

Right now I am getting the hang of this new way of hearing. I am not as wild about the Rondo 2 as I thought I would be and I probably should try it a bit more to see if I really don't like it. Also, I am struggling to find aural rehab activities, which surprises me as I expected there would be plenty of those. Most of what I do find is more appropriate for children. So, I am kind of improvising with various tasks here and there with my family, friends, and on my own. I have read a few posts/comments in the forum about how loud it is after activation. I can say this is certainly loud for me and I am only on program 2 and need to get to program 4 by the end of June! I can't even imagine it at this point. 

Anyway, I've probably said too much but I wanted to introduce myself. I will explore this forum more over the next few days and try to get a profile photo somehow (everything I have seems to large). I am looking forward to connecting with all of you! 

Welcome! There are great rehab resources in that section of this forum.

• HearPeers Heroes

@@Dylan

check our rehab activities here 

• HearPeers Heroes

And explore our REHAB folder for lots of activities 

@@Dylan