Hi

kolteborti

Hi,

hope you are all doing well.

I’m 25 years old and I enjoy out-door activities, reading, music and dancing.

I started losing my hearing as a teenager. Over the years my hearing loss became worse and hearing aid was no longer enough for me. I got my CI surgery done on 21st February 2018. Been switched on for 5 days now and I’ve discovered that hearing with a CI requires A LOT  of practice and patience. Makes me miss my hearing aid which is amusing as I was fed up with it before this :P

Anyway, as hard as my CI journey has been so far, I don’t have regrets.  I’m  also very happy to be here with people that share similar experiences to me and can guide me in my CI journey. I hope to be here for the long run and look forward to helping out the new newbies 

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome @kolteborti and congratulations on your activation!

Which processor did you choose?

Check out our REHAB topic for lots of tips about training our brains!

Wishing you the best!

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to the group @kolteborti 😁 activation is an exciting time! Enjoy the journey. I’ve been away for a little bit but Hear Peers is a great place to hangout and  a great source of info and support!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @kolteborti

Welcome to HearPeers! 

Congratulations on your activation. Lots of aural rehab will reap big dividends. Soon, you won't be missing your hearing aid. Hearing implants are so much better. Which audio processor did you choose? 

Remember the 4 Ps: Practice, Perseverance, Patience and Positivity. There may be a fifth P, 🤔 🤔 🤔.  

When is your next appointment with the audi? Were you given a number of maps to use until your next appointment? 

Wishing you the best with your journey.