Nucleus 7 vs Medel (Sonnet 2)

mertmur

Hello to everyone! I have come across this great and useful site through Med-el and would love to give all of you my greetings from Turkey :)) I have found out that I have been a fine candidate of Cochlear Implant and made some audiological tests lately...My CI operation will take place in the middle of August and looking forward to getting implanted soon. Some recipients advise me to go for the other company which is cochlear and Nucleus 7....though I have chosen already Medel and Sonnet 7 . As far as I have heard about N7 is quite more expensive than sonnet 7 and do not know why it is so....maybe N7 is better or what?  What makes N7 much better than Med-el if N7 is really quite more expensive device? I really hope i won't regret of choosing Med-el implant and will hear with the implant in much a better manner. Thanks in advance ! 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello @mertmur and welcome to HearPeers.  Wishing you the best on your CI journey.

if you have any questions, we are a friendly group.

Thank you, Mary Beth. You are such a friendly kind person. I wish all of us the best on CI journey. I have noticed that your bilateral internal implants were different. One is Concert and the other one is Synchrony..The point is to hear well and be satisfied by listening the world :)))) XX

• HearPeers Heroes

@mertmur

Thank you for your kind words.

Yes my first CI is a Concerto.  Eight months later when I received my second CI, the US FDA had approved the Synchrony.  So I have one of each design.  The Synchrony design has a rotating internal magnet that allows for MRI 3.0 T scans.  Both internals sound awesome.

• 9 months later...

Thanks a million for wishing me a good luck and crossing your fingers for me! I have not implanted yet due to such damn coronavirus and i was postponed...and could not keep the track of available chances also because of my busy work time...I am looking forward to have this operation done on this upcoming summer - and maybe will go for Rondo 3.

• Like 2