SONNET 2 and RONDO 2 comparisons

Sunil

I have just received my MED-EL implant last week and now need to decide which external speech processor to go for between Sonnet 2 and Rondo 2.  Without prior knowledge and experience, I am looking for reviews and comparisons between the two from actual users. I appreciate any experiences and insights you can share. Thanks 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Sunil

Congratulations on your CI and welcome to HearPeers!

We have a lot of Rondo 2 users here. Check out the topic called Rondo 2.

We have some Sonnet 2 users here.  In the US Sonnet 2 does not have its adaptive intelligence features turned on yet due to not yet having FDA approval.  I am not sure about Canada.  To get user feedback on Sonnet 2 with its adaptive intelligence features active, you may want to focus on users in countries other than the US.  We have a Sonnet 2 topic here too.

Wishing you the best

Thanks Mary Beth! This seem to be great community for information/support for people with cochlear implants.  Is this exclusively for MED-EL equipment?  I appreciate your guidance, I am not sure if there is a separate community like this in Canada to get the information, may be I will need to ask MED-EL customer service, need to dig in their contact information, which is my next step 😀

• HearPeers Heroes

@Sunil

This is Med-El’s international forum so all countries are here.  We have quite a few members from Canada here.  You are in great company.

This forum welcomes anyone regardless of CI brand but discussions about CI processors is limited to Med-El CI processors.