Bionic cochlea implant in elderly

Bobby

Dear All 

i have set up an account for my father, who will hopefully use this.

my father is 76 years old and has been severely hard of hearing most of his life. He had a cochlea implant on one ear in 2018. I had done extensive research and assumed this would be an incredible gift

however I find that my father is very reluctant to do any rehabilitation, he hasn’t practiced sounds and as he gets older he’s getting more and more isolated. There are most likely applications he can use as he has a iPad and iPhone but apart from basic text messaging he isn’t using anything else..

additional issue is that I live  in USA and my father is in the uk

i would be very appreciative of any tips? As I feel that my constant nagging is doing nothing but discourage my father and won’t allow him to take full advantage of this incredible medical devise

I would also be grateful if there are any Apple applications that can recommended   as well

Thankyou all in advance 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Bobby

I’m sorry your father is not hearing well with his CI.  Which processor is he using?

Is there a way for you to connect him with other CI users in the UK near his home?

You will find many aural rehab suggestions under our REHAB topic.

Thanks for your reply. My father has AB Advance Bionics 

I will review the aural rehab suggestions Thanks 

• HearPeers Heroes

Glad it I s helpful.  See if you can contact AB and ask how to connect your father with other AB CI users near his home.  It is very helpful to have a support team.

@Bobby