D Coil falls off/disconnects from wire

Bart-C

Hi Everyone

My son had his CI's activated 2 weeks ago and so far everything is going well. I have had one major issue with the Med-el Opus 2 system to this point. The D-coil seems to disconnect very easily from the wire. My son is only 15 months old and very active. The coil seems to disconnect frequently in his stroller, in the car seat and in his hiking back pack. pretty much anytime the wire is resting or rubbing against something. A slight tug and the two become disconnected. We hike often and his D coil got disconnect on a trail. luckily I was able to find it in the dirt. That incident and a couple others are enough to make me paranoid about loosing the coil.

They should have been created with a press in locking clip as to keep it from disconnecting so easily. I'm thinking of taping the two together. Dose anyone have any suggestions on how to secure the coil to the black wire better to keep it from disconnecting so easily?

Thank you

Hi Bart,

My cable does not disconnect so easily; it takes a very firm tug to separate the two, so I wonder if you should buy new cables to see if they fit more tightly.

In the meantime, I'd tape them together.

Good luck!

Bart, contact your MedEl CSR and explain your issue.  I have the same issue, on occasion, so your son is not alone!

Thanks for the feedback. I will try some new wires and call Medel.

• 2 months later...

hi everyone. my son implanted 2 days ago me and my husband is very nervous about everything hope it all go fine and my son start to speak he is 2 years old please pray for himFrown