BB Implant in 2 days

Hi everyone.

I'm having surgery on the 31st to get the rest of a cholesteatoma removed and have a BB implanted. This will be the second surgery to remove the cholesteatoma.

Has anyone else here gone through those two surgeries at the same time?

Super nervous.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi everyone.

I'm having surgery on the 31st to get the rest of a cholesteatoma removed and have a BB implanted. This will be the second surgery to remove the cholesteatoma.

Has anyone else here gone through those two surgeries at the same time?

Super nervous.

Hi Anete,

welcome to the Hearpeers forum, have patience because it is pretty slow :( but, hop it will be worth of patience :)

Thomas had BB because of chronic middle ear infection but not having the op for removal of the reain of the disease at the same time.

I am a BB user for almost a year now, have pure conductive hearing loss due to my congenitaly acquired atresia and microtia bilaterally. I am also an ENT resident so I have also professionaly involved in the field of hearing implants. What a wonderful, wonderful world - technology and man walk hand by hand to make greater effort.

Ok, stop rambling - plan is to implant retrosigmoidally?

Hope to hear you soon here with first impressions,

:)

Ok, stop rambling - plan is to implant retrosigmoidally?

Hope to hear you soon here with first impressions,

:)

Retrosigmoidally = from behind the implant area? I'm not sure. The ENT surgeon used the same incision for both procedures. He had to lift up my eardrum to get at the rest of the growth because it spread into a part of my skull.

I was released the night of my surgery because everything went so well :) No vertigo this time! I'm sore and tired, but that's to be expected.

I'll post a picture of the OP site once I'm able to clean it up a little bit. It looks scary right now.