Bi-lateral Bonebridge? Anyone?

sophiea2410

Hi is there any body out there with a bonebridge Implant either side?

How long did you wait inbetween Ops??

Thomas where are you?? haha :)

I think im going to get a date for my 2nd op when I see my doc on the 16th Sep :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Sophie,

Thomas is temporarily unavailable - he has his topic and I think he wrote there everything about his hearing journey. Right now, if I can roughly remember it was approximately few months...

I can try to answer you to my best (theoretical) knowledge...

BReg - Ivana

I shall have a look for that, Thank you :)

I lie on my side when I go to sleep and I'm just a bit worried about never being able to get comfy lay on either implant, Its only been 2 month that I've had my left side and that is still quite uncomfortable to lie on xx

I found it was about four months after my Bonebridge was implanted before I could comfortably lie on that side.  Now, a little over six months after the implant I never think about it, and can't feel it at all when I lie on it.  I don't know whether the fact I have a good memory foam pillow helps at all.

I'm nearly 3 months post op now and I can lie on it most times but other times its still uncomfortable. I'm hoping to get told I can have the funding for the other side today when I see my audiologist xx

• HearPeers Heroes

I have memory-foam pillow and I remember, roughly again, I was protecting my side few months but I didn't feel particular discomfort...

Now, I even prefer to sleap on that side - hard to explain, but I explain it that internal unit of BB is protected by the skin and muscle layers of the head so nothing can happen.