New recipient, my first full day!

Carol D

Hello everyone

I am a new CI recipient. Activation was yesterday, and so far, so good. Waiting for the rechargeable to charge, seems to take some time.

I wear a HA in the non-implanted side, and am wondering if many of you found that you did not need it after awhile, or whether you just decided to be implanted? I know it depends on hearing loss, but just wondering your experiences with that. Also, I was able to forgo the Rondo 2 for now, and have it replaced with the Rondo 3 when it is available. How do you like the Rondo product? Is it good for sports, as compared to the BTE? I am afraid the unit is going to get too sweaty, or just fall off. Anyone use during sports? 

I llook forward to sharing and learning along with all of you! thanks in advance for all your help!

Carol

• HearPeers Heroes

@Carol D

Congratulations!  I wish you the very best on your CI journey.

I was able to stop wearing my HA in the other ear after my CI ear got strong.  Then I decided to implant the second side.

I love Rondo and am excited for Rondo 3.  Mine does not fall off unless I knock it off.  I use a hair clip.

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to the group @Carol D!! 

Activation is an exciting time 😁 I did not wear my HA for the first 2 months per my audiologist’s recommendation. I’m currently considering getting my other ear done after 4 years of CI + HA. 

I have the Rondo 1 and love that it’s off the ear but I cannot hold the phone to it since it is far back in my head. It’s secured with clip but if I jump around, it will fall off, so not ideal for exercising. 

Best wishes on your journey!!

@Carol D

i wear my hearing aid on the non implanted side (I’ve had a CI for about 18 months). While I’m not sure it helps a whole lot, the theory is that wearing it will stimulate the auditory nerve more than not wearing it and that may decrease further hearing loss.  I was implanted at a two processor hospital (Mass Eye and Ear in Boston) so I have both sonnet 1 and rondo2. I usually alternate days wearing each.