Subtitles and Closed Captioning

Nischal Koirala

Hello peers!

After my successful Cochlear Implant I was very happy to get my hearing back again! It's really been normal but sometimes I find myself where I cannot understand the spoken things/language whether it's a YouTube video or a virtual Zoom meeting! I use YouTube "closed captioning" whenever available but in many videos I did not found it. 

So, my question is do you guys use any of the closed captions/subtitles generating apps/software? If yes, can you suggest me some or can you give me other ideas on how to understand the speech properly? And if those softwares can generate captions anywhere like zoom meeting?

• Recommendations and suggestions would be great!

• HearPeers Heroes

Google's Pixel devices can now generate captions for media and phone/video calls. It can theoretically caption any sound on the device, but app developers can opt out. It's called Live Caption; it's different from Live Transcribe, which uses cloud computing. Live Caption does not, it's all on the device.

• Like 3