Anyone Got the Rondo 3?

Nischal Koirala

Hello everyone! 

As Med-El officially announced the rondo 3 audio processor did anyone got theirs? If yes then what are your impressions and cons about it. Also, how much did it cost you?😄😄

• 1 year later...

I got my Rondo 3 activated 3 days ago. So far so good. I am trying to adjust. This forum is very helpful, still have a lot to learn. Especially I am not familiar with the terminology and abbreviations. I will write when I have more experiences. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@ZIL

congratulations!

Check out the Rondo 3 topic folder.  Quite a few Rondo 3 users here.

And feel free to list the abbreviations that you would like more information about.  We are happy to help.

Wishing you the best.

• 7 months later...

I have been impanted for 16 years (R) and 10 years (L) and have had several different processors.  I just upgraded from the Sonnet 1 to Rondo3.  There are things about the Rondo 3 that I love.  It's very light, it does not interfere with my eyeglasses or face masks, no batteries to deal with, to name a few,  However, I am not hearing as well on the phone and find I have to use the speaker phone, which was never a problem with the Sonnet.  I have knocked the Rondo off my head several times while dressing or fussing with my hair.  I am using the gripwear as I take fitness classes each day and I feel more secure with the grips.  I am also aware of the sounds of my hair moving against the microphones and hearing myself chew.  Both of those were not noticeable with the Sonnet.   Despite all of this, I am sticking with the Rondo and making the necessary adjustments as I do find them much more comfortable to wear. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kathleen L.

When I was trying to figure out the best position to hold my phone over my Rondos, I called this free telephone training number and selected the long passage.  While I listened, I experimented with aligning the phone with the Rondo mic.  Maybe that will help you too.

https://www.cochlear.com/us/en/home/ongoing-care-and-support/rehabilitation-resources/resources-for-adults/telephone-with-confidence

Thank you, Mary Beth!  I had been using a relative to experiment and practice.  This is a much better way!