Getting Implanted in 2 days

gah171

I'm getting implanted Fri, in 2 days as you can imagine I'm getting edgy, nervous. What's even worst in my situation, last Sat I was in an accident.  4 days ago (Sat) I was working alone operating a Case 580L backhoe. The 15,800lb machine drifted forward pinning me against another piece of  immovable  equipment. I was life Flighted and I'm back home now. I tried to Post Pone my CI surgery for a week or 2. they say if I did that I'd have to go thru all the test again, get cleared for surgery, MRI, etc. Geeeez.  So I am gonna try to have my CI surgery Fri. I have nothing broken, but very sore, my back really hurts, bruised pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, glad you're ok from the accident. How are you and how did the surgery go?

I did go for surgery 6 days after back hoe accident. was on operating table about to receive anesthesia. My heart was beating irregular. Operation canceled. was quickly put in recovery, after about 3 hrs my heart returned to normal beat. Seen heart doctor today,  heart normal today,doing some test. hopefully try again in a few weeks for cochlear Implant.

• 1 month later...

I had surgery last tues. 4 days ago. feeling pretty good. a bit sore. scheduled for follow up Dec 18th, and activation on Jan 5th.