Im going Bi-lateral :) First in the UK!!!

sophiea2410

Hi Guys :)

I got the funding to have a bonebridge implanted on my left side :) Im going the be the first person in the UK.. 1 out of 64100000 estimated people is crazyyyy but I cannot wait!

I feel so lucky to be the first to have such an amazing piece of technology on both sides!!

Its looking like the big day will be the week before Christmas.

Soph :)))

Sophie,  That is incredible news.  Is it possible that NHS has seen the light?

Yay for you!

John

• HearPeers Heroes

What a great news...! :D

(Thomas is smiling....;)   Hopefully one day I will follow you...;)

Hi guys!

The big days the 15th December :) And im hoping to get the processor 2 week after so I'm ready for the new year..

How cool is the Samba! I am hoping to be getting this for the right side but the implant and amade have already been delivered to Manchester so I'm not sure which processor it will be. The amade isn't even mentioned on Med-els website now, it just shows the Samba.

Because im in the UK and we have the NHS I wouldn't just be able to swap processor and pay for the new Samba like I imagine you guys can..

Soph xx

Andy,

Just noticed your from the UK also.. Do you have a bonebridge?

Dr Green is doing my suregery at Manchester Royal Infirmary :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi guys!

The big days the 15th December :) And im hoping to get the processor 2 week after so I'm ready for the new year..

How cool is the Samba! I am hoping to be getting this for the right side but the implant and amade have already been delivered to Manchester so I'm not sure which processor it will be. The amade isn't even mentioned on Med-els website now, it just shows the Samba.

Because im in the UK and we have the NHS I wouldn't just be able to swap processor and pay for the new Samba like I imagine you guys can..

Soph xx

Mmmm... Sophie, ask them right away - according to this site (for Professionals), Samba will not be available before Spring of 2015.

Although internal unit will not be changed, ask your representatives for a swap policy just like CI users have possibility to swap their processor while next generation do not step on stage for real. So, at least you could get 1 (your next) processor Samba.

Hi Ivana,

Its all being dealt with, just waiting to hear :) But I have been told not to get my hopes up though.

I can't moan, I can hear :))

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes - we can hear Cool, but... anyway - if there is new product which is obviously technically superior it would be crazy not at least - consider it.Undecided

I spoke with my audiologist and booked in switch on day for bonebridge number 2 for the 30th December.. So I'll be bi-laterally hearing my way into a new year :) She confirmed it will be the amade I'll be getting :)

• 2 weeks later...

FOI    Swedish price for a single amadé reciver is around 3100 euro. The Samba reciver price policy will be pretty much the same.

If you would like to compare.....

/Fredrik