Rules for selling used and new CI's?

sarahphee

Hi there, I'm new, this is my first post! I am a bilateral CI user. I am getting my upgrades and will then have three Nucleus 6 processors as well one in the sealed box that has never been used. I will definitely keep one as a back up, but I read that we can sell them as long as it's to a licensed audiologist, etc. How do you go about finding audiologists that want to buy them? Or are there any? I hate to see these processors, which are totally functional, sit in my closet when they are families/people out there that need a more cost effective option for a replacement, etc. and cannot afford an upgrade. 

Thanks for any feedback!

Sarah

• HearPeers Heroes

@sarahphee

I do not know the rules about selling unneeded CI processors.  I would expect it varies from country to country and may also vary depending on if the processors were obtained through insurance, a national health plan or purchased through self-pay.

I have donated hearing aids many times through the years as I moved into stronger and stronger hearing aids.

• HearPeers Heroes

I have seen old processors for sale on eBay in my wanderings. I've also seen solicitations on Reddit of folks looking to find older processors because they lack the ability to upgrade.

7 hours ago, phobos512 said:

I have seen old processors for sale on eBay in my wanderings. I've also seen solicitations on Reddit of folks looking to find older processors because they lack the ability to upgrade.

I've gone over to reddit (never used reddit before) and found an entire CI group over there. :)

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
On 12/30/2020 at 7:51 PM, sarahphee said:

I've gone over to reddit (never used reddit before) and found an entire CI group over there. :)

Reddit is a lot like Mos Eisley - "Never has there been a more wretched hive of scum and villainy; we must be cautious" - or the part of an ancient map that says "Here there be Dragons". As long as you know that, you'll be fine.