Hi!

Anja M

Hi everyone.  I'm new to the group and excited to join. I was born in South Africa, but have lived in Vancouver, BC, for 21 years.  I've had progressive sensory-neural hearing loss since my early 20's (cause unknown).  Now at 47, I just had my CI surgery done last Monday!  Was quite a whirlwind because I thought I had at least a year on the waitlist, but got a last minute cancellation. Probably the only person willing to do it with 4 days notice, over a long New Year's weekend and Pandemic...lol.  Anyway, all went well but experiencing quite a bit of vertigo and it's now day 6.  Anyone else have similar experience?

Welcome to the group,I am bilateral I had my first implant in2016 and second implant 2018.

Which processor did you choose 

Thank you for the welcome.  I had a choice between Nucleus 7 and Kanso 2.  After much deliberation chose the Nucleus because it's the one that the audiologist recommended.  Was concerned that the Kanso might fall off more easily.  I guess we wait and see 😊 Activation is Feb 1.   In BC they usually just do one implant, so will use my hearing aide in the other ear.  How long did it take for you to recognize words?

• HearPeers Heroes

Congratulations @Anja M!  Check out our section on rehab for lots of great suggestions to help train your brain after activation.

I hope your vertigo issues resolve very soon.

Wishing you the best!