"Mic Sensitivity" when did you hear it make a difference ?

John R

Hi All.

I am only on my 3rd MAPping, and have numerous programs set up, however I do not yet hear the Microphone Sensitivity making any changes when its adjusted. 

Could those of you who do hear it having an effect please let me know what you hear it changing and how long after switch on did it take for you to notice it making those changes 

:)

Thanks. 

JR

• HearPeers Heroes

@John R

The sensitivity setting (if our audiologists left it enabled) lets us change the size of the sound bubble our mics are gathering audio from.  It is most noticeable in a noisy setting.

After reaching a stable MAP, you may notice differences when you change the sensitivity.  Some people never notice a difference.

I do not alter volume nor sensitivity throughout my day.  I have my everyday program and just stay in it (except for rare occasions in very loud noise when I switch to a different program).  I only use the remote to move between T and M when I use my Artone BT neckloop for audiobooks.

3 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@John R

The sensitivity setting (if our audiologists left it enabled) lets us change the size of the sound bubble our mics are gathering audio from.  It is most noticeable in a noisy setting.

After reaching a stable MAP, you may notice differences when you change the sensitivity.  Some people never notice a difference.

I do not alter volume nor sensitivity throughout my day.  I have my everyday program and just stay in it (except for rare occasions in very loud noise when I switch to a different program).  I only use the remote to move between T and M when I use my Artone BT neckloop for audiobooks.

Thanks for that. 

On 1/19/2021 at 12:36 AM, Mary Beth said:

Some people never notice a difference.

Really? Oh wow. For me sensitivity set to low is a huge difference compared to set to high.

When my good hearing wife is watching TV (approx. at 40-50dB) then I don't hear anything if sensitivity is too low. If in contrast I set my sensitivity to max then I can hear water running from our faucet when my cat is drinking from there. Btw. I use maximum sensitivity most of the time because I have to hear everything what is happening around me. In noisy environments there is no change between minimum and maximum sensitivity.