Getting hybrid 4/6/21

Brandie

So, I haven't talked to anyone that has received a hybrid implant.  It's a little scary to be doing something that I feel isn't very "common", at least as far as I have found.  Would love to hear from anyone that has one. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Brandie

Are you getting the Sonnet EAS ?  That is Med-El ‘s electric/acoustic processor.

Sonnet 2 EAS, yes.  Also have to switch hearing aid brands in the other ear which has me scared.  I currently wear Phonak, my audiologist tried to change my brand (can't remember to what) a couple years ago and I couldn't understand anything anyone was saying because the different hearing aids processed sound in different ways.  So I'm afraid I won't be hearing out of either ear for a while.  Audiologist says my brain will get used to the new hearing aids, but I have my doubts.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Brandie

That’s interesting.  I know other CI brands work with only one specific brand of hearing aid but Med-El CIs do not require a specific brand of hearing aid.

Hey Mary Beth,

You are absolutely correct! I contacted my audiologist - we were discussing between Med-El and Cochlear and I was either confused or didn't hear her correctly (can't imagine that! Haha)  I do have to get a new hearing aid as my current doesn't have telecoil, but I can stick with my Phonak, so HUGE sigh of relief!  I had been so worried about that.  Thank you for your replies!  I will check out the link when I get home from work tonight!!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Brandie

YAY!  I can feel your sense of relief over being able to keep your type of hearing aid and just getting the model that has the telecoil.  I’m glad it will all work out.  Keep us posted on your journey.  Wishing you the best!