New recipient after surgery

Dave Tolliver

Hello to all, i just received my implant Thursday 03-11. how did you feel after the surgery? Coming out of the anesthesia  was kinda of hard, couldn't get comfortable. The next day felt better but last night was a lot of discomfort. Today seems better but dont know how tonight will be. Any thoughts? 

Thanks

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave Tolliver

congratulations on your CI!

I found it more comfortable to sleep in a recliner or propped up high in bed for the first few nights after surgery.

Which processor did you choose?

Thanks for the info about sleeping. I chose the Rondo 3. But from my understanding i was also to receive the Sonnet 2. When i left the hospital they gave me the Rondo 3 and only the accessories for the sonnet 2. I assume my audiologist will have the Sonnet when i return next Friday? 

A little background about my self, i lost hearing in my left ear a year ago in April. i have good hearing in my right ear (which i consider a blessing). From my understanding getting a cochlear implant for someone like me is fairly new. And in your opinion did i choose the right processor?

Thanks

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave Tolliver

You did!  Both the Rondo 3 and the Sonnet 2 have the same chip and sound processing features.  I expect they will sound very similar to you.