Nucleus 6 versus Nucleus 7 / Kanso 2

Angel Marquez

Hello there,

I lost my hearing suddenly do to a severe blow to the head 5 years ago. I've been a bilateral recipient of CI since 2016 and have been using the Nucleus 6 processor since. I've been thinking about upgrading to the Nucleus 7 or the Kanso 2 which I'm pretty sure share the same processor. I've read all about the features so I'm leaning toward getting the upgrade. My only question is has anybody made this upgrade and noticed and improvement in hearing? Do these new processors even have the ability to improve it? I went looking for Cochlear specific forums for this info but could not find one. This forum seems like its full of friendly and informed people so I thought I would reach out here.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Angel Marquez

Hello.  This forum is hosted by Med-El so almost everyone here has a Med-El brand of implant.

Wishing you the best on your upgrade.

Thanks for the prompt response!

I know it was a long shot posting here but I don't have a lot of other options I can find.

• Like 2

@Angel MarquezYou can try Youtube if you haven't already plus I am forwarding this link to my contact at Medel who said she would try to help out