Going in for surgery

Toni Moize

This is my first post here. I have been reading a lot of the groups post about how their surgeries went. I wanted to come on here and get support because my first cochlear implant surgery is today at 11:00 am Pacific time. I am very nervous but happy it is about to happen. 
Since I have read some of the post of others here, I kinda know what to expect. But I am still nervous. Thank you for this community. Because without it, I really would know how to handle with what comes after the surgery. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Toni Moize

Welcome to the group! Wishing you all the best on your surgery today 😁 being nervous is completely normal! I was very nervous for both my surgeries, even the second one. I knew what to expect the second time but it’s still surgery! What processor did you choose? I recently went bilateral and have the Sonnet 2 in each ear. Please keep us posted on how your surgery goes and feel free to share some info about yourself/hearing journey 😊

• HearPeers Heroes

@Toni Moize

Wishing you the very best on your surgery today!  When you feel up to it, let us know how you feel.

Bringing everyone an update. So far, so good. Been feeling a little dizzy. Sleeping a lot, I guess that’s normal. My left ear is very sore. I am finding myself wanting to scratch it but was told not to. My doctor wants me to come back in on the 14th of April to make sure my scar doesn’t keloid up. Other then that, about to quit taking the pain medication that I got prescribed. It’s really heavy medicine and I don’t feel comfortable taking them. They make me feel a current way.  But I do appreciate everyone on here. Thank you, again.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Toni Moize

Congratulations.  I hope you feel more comfortable soon.

Which processor did you choose?  When is your activation?

• 2 weeks later...

I choose nucleus 7. I was supposed to get it on April 30th. But I am going to see if I can get it next week. I go see the doctor about my stitches tomorrow because my left ear gets keloids. So, he wants to check and see how it is doing. 

I was wondering if you can suggest any apps that will help me with my cochlear? Thank you. 

Toni

• HearPeers Heroes

@Toni Moize

check out our topic called REHAB for lots of training app/website/activity suggestions.  The fun will begin soon!