Artone 3 Max T neck loop

Richard G

If you are a US user of Artone 3 Max neck loop, be advised that this product has no US support. They are located in Israel and have facilities in Israel and in Czech Republic.

When it works, it is wonderful, but when it break's, they will want you to spend about $50.00 to ship it to one of their facilities abroad. 

Mine purchased only 3 months ago developed a broken inside contact in side the charging port. First they offered to fix it if I ship it to Israel or to EU (Czech Republic).  They added that it will take more than a month to have it fixed and returned to me. In the alternative, they have new units available in the US but i will have to pay for it with 50% discount.

In the exchange of email, Artone decided without a benefit of hands on inspection, that I caused the problem, therefore the warranty does not apply. Clearly a disingenuous argument since they have not even inspected it.

Therefore, be ware if you are in the US. perhaps it is not a good idea to purchase one here.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Richard G

I am sorry your neckloop broke.  I have been using Artone neckloops since 2016 almost daily.  I have several of them.  Only one has stopped working in 5 years.  

We can purchase the Artone neckloop several different ways for $129 and free shipping.  However if it breaks after the return period but within the one year warranty, it is complicated to get it replaced since they are based overseas.

We can also purchase the neckloop through Med-El US for a higher price and then Med-El offers a warranty.  Check with Med-El for length of warranty period. (Possibly 2 years)

Added:  I suppose purchasing it through Amazon and adding the optional 2-3 year coverage would be an option too.

Thank you very much for responding, Beth. I am furious because I bought it directly from Artone thinking that they will stand behind their product.

Not only they wanted me to ship this to Israel at my expense but they immediately assumed that the charging port defect is my fault and they will be doing me a favour by fixing it for free provided I pay the cost of shipment. There is nothing in the instruction brochure about overseas shipping at customer's expense. It is simply bad business and totally disingenuous.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Richard G

The Artone is a great product for me and I like that it is much less expensive than other options.  I wish there was an easy way to deal with warranty issues in the US.

I have never used the Amazon extended warranty so I am not familiar with that process.  If it works well, it seems to be the way to purchase the Artone at the lowest price and obtaining a 2-3 year warranty.

Med-El US now sells the Artone in their webshop.  It is priced higher and recently the price increased.  But we would deal with the warranty through Med-El US and our CSR if the Artone broke under the warranty period.  Med-El has always honored their warranties well in a very easy and fast manner.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I absolutely love my arttone loop because I now hear music in a very different way and the incredible variety of musical sounds I have missed my whole life. However, the charge does not run long enough, dying in 1 1/2 hours. I use it with my Rondo2, but it will be replaced by a Rondo 3 in July. I won't need it I'm told. I'm surprised find none selling on ebay knowing others cannot use it after they get Rondo3. I hate to buy another at the price they offer. Anyone know any sellers?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lisa

My Artone neckloops last about 6 hours of streaming.

Rondo 3 can use Artone neckloop with the telecoil adapter and put into flight mode if you want to use it.

I think I paid $139 through Amazon or Diglo for my last Artone.  I have a few so one is always charged and ready to go if I have a long streaming day.

SIX HOURS??!!  I would literally be in heaven if mine did that. I just ordered another one straight from the company. They never answer my emails and now I know why. Not based in the US. What is the sence of even having a 1 year warranty or so called customer support when I never hear back from them? Now I know I won't be getting mine repaired.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lisa

Getting the Artone replaced under warranty is definitely not easy when purchasing directly through the company.  That’s why I mention purchasing options.

Purchasing through Med-El US is more expensive but then Med-El US honors the warranty easily- last I checked it was for 2 years but that may have changed so check with them first.

For me,  I have been using  Artone neckloops since 2016 almost daily.  I purchase them online for the lowest price I find.  They start off streaming for 6 hours for me.  Over time that decreases slowly.  

On long streaming days, I just switch to another fully charged one and plug in the one that needs charging and keep on streaming.

That is what I am going to do as well, have a second one charged at all times. I'm an artist with commissions to paint and can't stand to do it without music. Exercise too, must have music!

I have the same issue as Lisa. My battery doesn't last long and I would love it if I could get six hours use out of one device. I primarily use my Artones for Teams calls while working, and what I have found is that for short meetings, such as 30 or 60 minutes, I only need one Artone, but if meetings go any longer, then I have to switch them out. That is a pain, because I can't just switch from one device to the other. I have to disconnect one device, connect the other, then there is a period where I'm not getting any sound until the BT picks up. Meanwhile, the meeting is continuing with me not having any idea if I'm missing something important. 

I actually reached out to my company's ADA case manager to see if there are alternatives that would work better for me during meetings. I wear my Rondo, so OTE headphones won't work, and my online research hasn't shown me any better options. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lori M in OR

I‘m not sure why your Artone battery life is short.  Are they several years old?

You can use the mini battery pack with Rondo and then plug into the headphone jack of the computer.  Battery life of the mini battery pack is very long.

Once I received a call after I had already been listening to an audiobook for hours with my Artone and the battery beeped during the call.  I turned that Artone off, turned the other Artone on and was back to listening quickly.  No need to disconnect and connect again as it connects automatically.  So as long as the first Artone is powered off when you turn on the second Artone, things should happen automatically.

Thanks, Mary Beth. Both devices were purchased earlier this year, so not old at all.

I guess I will have to drain my battery & try it again. It's possible I may not have turned the first one off before switching.