Hi!

Noelle

I’m new to hear peers!  I’m not new to the world of implants, just never knew this site existed.  Anyhow, I have a cochlear implant, it was done nearly 7 years ago after suffering in silence for nearly 25 years.  My experience gave me my life and career back!  I’m 51 year old mother of three from Ontario who works as a Broadcast Journalist.  

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome! How is your other ear? Do you have other hearing devices or are you single sided deaf (like me)?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Noelle

Welcome to HearPeers!  Which processor are you using?

I have the original Rondo - which I am dying to replace with the Rondo 3. I also have the Opus2 I think it is.   I used the Opus at work primarily because of the need to use headphones. The Rondo doesn’t work well with headphones.  I also get better sound quality from my Opus. But,  I prefer Rondo as I hate BTE’s but they do work better for me on phones and while using headphones during live radio.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Noelle

I have OPUS2 and Rondo 1 too.  They sound the same to me.  OPUS2 performs better for me when noise is from behind me and it is definitely great with headphones.  I use CozyPhones flat speakers with Rondo.  They adhere to my Rondo 1 without the headband due to my magnet strength.  Great sound quality.  Just plug onto a headphone jack.  And very inexpensive.

• 2 months later...

HI Noelle, I am new to this group as of today. I also live in Ontario and get activated July 9 with Rondo3.

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to HearPeers @Wendy Willard! And congratulations on your CI!  Wishing you the best at activation!

• Like 1

I am trying to get the rondo 3 but no one from Sunnybrook has got back to me.  My rondo one is in terrible shape.  I have the Opus 2 as well, but I prefer the Rondo!  Let me know how you like yours when you get it!