New recipient

Viola DeVinney

My surgery was in January__activation February 9. Very happy, but still learning to navigate and balance CI and hearing aid. Finding that I hear better with Sonnet 2 vs Rondo.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to HearPeers @Viola DeVinney!

I look forward to reading about your experiences with your CI and HA.  Feel free to ask any questions here.  We are a friendly group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to the group @Viola DeVinney 😁 

I was bimodal up until December of 2020. It was wonderful! I too noticed that I hear better with the Sonnet (1 & 2) than the Rondo. Feel free to ask questions! 

• Like 2

Thanks__did you find that adjusting the mapping of the Rondo helped?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Viola DeVinney

I have the Rondo 1 which I believe only has one microphone. The Sonnets have 2 microphones so the sound quality is better overall but I do like that the Rondo is off the ear! 

I have a Rondo 3; I like that it is off the  ear and it has a thin wire and clip I can attach to my clothing. However, the Sonnet 2 is so much clearer.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

That’s very interesting @Viola DeVinney.  The Sonnet 2 and Rondo 3 share the same sound settings.  Have you tried replacing the Rondo 3 mic cover to see if things sound clearer?

• Like 1

I will be seeing my audiologist soon and plan to discuss possible options with him, but thank you for that input. I will ask him.