Audiostream not connecting to audiokey

Momtocikids

My sons received their audiostream kits and can connect, but audiokey won’t “find” the processors.  We are reasonably equipped to do tech stuff, and one of my sons is a computer science college student.  Neither will connect.  It says “failed to read.”  We previously could connect audiokey with the audiolink.  It’s maddening.

• 3 weeks later...

@Momtocikids

Are you still interested in any solution? Or are you just arguing against Med-EL?

I don’t know what you mean by “arguing against Medel.”  The solution has not yet been found by Medel but the regional rep is going to meet and replace the processors if she can’t resolve it.  I’ve never been against Medel.  There is something wrong with our processors and/or the audiokey app.

As an FYI we’ve had Medel for over 20 years on two sons and have had no problems and excellent service.  But something isn’t right with either their app or the processors, and I suspect we won’t be the only ones to encounter this issue, given that it’s happening on 4 processors.

@Momtocikids

Sorry for my rant. It's because I didn't get any reaction to my following question:

Do your kids use "FineTuner" or "FineTuner Echo" as remote control? This is something their audiologist has to configure within Sonnet. If they use the latter then AudioKey should work. If they use FineTuner (w/o "Echo") then Audiokey can't be activated for use. In this case AudioKey is only working in combo with AudioLink. At least this is my state of knowledge.

My sons programs were set up appropriately to use the audiokey, and they had used the Echo for months.  And in fact, the area rep will be replacing the processors because they wouldn’t connect to the app.  She met with us and did absolutely everything necessary.  The old ones will be sent to Innsbruck to determine what was wrong.  You are correct, they need to have programs set to use the Echo.  However, a rant is never appreciated.  

22 hours ago, Momtocikids said:

However, a rant is never appreciated.  

Not giving any answers to people who are trying to help you is never appreciated, too.

You are just writing "she did everything necessary" but you didn't say what she did exactly. So we are not able to help you. But that's ok. I don't need to and I no longer want to.

There was nothing to reply to, by you. Nobody commented with any helpful ideas or questions until you decided to be rude!  This is why I avoid this forum and why I will continue to do so from now on.  Check the messages on this thread and you’ll see how bizarre it is to claim that I didn’t reply.  No one commented— until you curtly asked me if I was against Medel, an absurdity since I’ve been a fan of theirs for decades.

In the end, there’s something wrong with the processors.  Hopefully if someone else has an issue they will see this and recognize that there is nothing wrong with their attempts.  Using cellular, WiFi, unpairing and repairing, making sure one has latest app, using a variety of phones... none of this helps if the processors are nonfunctional.  Perhaps it was a bad batch or firmware internal issue.