Considering CI for tinnitus

Tracy F.

I have had 2 consultations with an audiologist for the CI, following several appointments with an ENT, Ct scan, and two other hearing evaluations after I experienced sudden onset hearing loss in my left ear, vertigo and tinnitus. Still working on the vertigo and considering the CI to help with the tennitus. Anyone had success with the CI helping with it?

@Tracy F.TDay of activation I got my first biggest gift: as long as I'm wearing the sound processor I do not hear the tinnitus at all. When I got to bed or take a shower it comes back but I don't feel at all plagued by it since I now live my waking hours without it.

• 3 months later...

I developed SSHL and tinnitus at the same time in my right ear, I received my CI on 25/06/2021 activated 23/06/2021 - no change in the tinnitus at all

• HearPeers Heroes

@singlesideddeafdad

You have been activated for a month? Is that correct?  Or is it only a week?

Still early days for you.  Hang in there.  I hope your tinnitus decreases soon.

• Like 1

@singlesideddeafdadis this true whether your processor is on or off? the first month after my operation my tinnitus was the worst it ever was but w/the processor on it def. fades away. I knew during that initial month to stay calm bec. I was sure that the operation for sure rattled the cage and everything needed a little time to settle down which it did. Again, if I take off the processor it's back to square one but I know to try and not let it bother me. Also, when your processor is on I do think it's beneficial to have noise going to the ear to help the brain. I wish the best and what you wrote is a little confusing about when you received the operation and when you were activated but I'm hoping for you that it improves keep us updated

• Like 2