Corded connection of AL to phones w/o headphone jack?

Hilary Beaumont Brown

Bilat user Sonnet and Sonnet 2. I use the AudioLink DAILY and seem to have best connection when I use an audio cable (2.5mm male to 3.5mm male) between my phone and AudioLink. But my phone is old and on its last legs. I just bought a new phone. Samsung Galaxy 20 FE 5G. New phones no longer HAVE headphone jacks. Was told in the FB group I could purchase a USB-C to 2.5mm male cord to connect... and of course the device is not recognizing. 😭  I just want to enjoy my new phone but connection to AudioLink is ESSENTIAL for me. Any ideas or do I need to return and downgrade my phone for an older/less fancy model that stillhas a headphone jack?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hilary Beaumont Brown

You can purchase a BT adapter that has a 3.5 headphone jack.

Have the phone FORGET the AudioLink.

Pair the BT adapter to the phone.

Use a 3.5 to 2.5 cable to connect the AudioLink to the BT adapter.

I will tag you in a topic about this.

• 1 month later...

This will also be an issue for iPhone users that are using to a wired connection. The iPhones starting with the 10 that use the USB-C connectors do not stream audio through those connectors. They only stream audio through Bluetooth. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Eric in Tulsa

I did not realize that.

A work around is using a BT adapter plugged into the AudioLink and connect the BT adapter (not the AudioLink) to the iPhone in BT settings.

Fortunately I do all of my streaming through my iPhone and AudioStream connects directly. Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop connects via BT also and allows me to choose T for streamed sound only.

I found it out the hard way. Right after I got my iPhone 11, I tried to get some headphones since it didn't come with any. There was nothing on the market that plugged into the phone. It was then that I discovered that they completely eliminated that option. That was a reversal for Apple. Previously, they didn't recommend Bluetooth because they said the sound quality wasn't good enough. Funny that they reversed their thinking at the same time they released the airpods for sale. I'm sure it was just a coincidence. 

Rule 39: There is no such thing as a coincidence. ~ Jethro Gibbs