bilateral ci user

Guest Ela

Hi to everybody it is the first time I m go into this forum... are you all English? I'm Italian, I live in North Italy, I'm coclear user since 6th September 2000... about 15 years of life with with one Ci but since 15th October 2014 I'm Bilaterl CI User... I can simply say that 2 Ci are better than one! Have a nice week end :-)

• HearPeers Heroes

No :-)

I am actually your neighbour - from Croazia  :P Where exactly do you live? I am in the capital city - Zagreb/Zagabria.

Actually, I am not the CI user than Bone Conduction Implant (Bonebridge) user as I have different hearing loss - conductive. 

Yes, there are lots of datas that 2nd implant is not just make-up - it is really worth taking into account the intelligibility, sound location and reducing of "cocktail-party" effect.

Have a nice weekend you too  ;)  and hopefully we'll read each other here more - please, stay tuned!  :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Ela

welcome to hearpeers!

We have members here from all over the world. I live in the U.S. we are Looking forward to getting to know you. Have a great weekend yourself

Adam

Hi Ivana! I'm happy to know there is someone from Europe!!! I live in a small town near Trento,In the Alps area.

Hi Adam thank you for the wellcome on the hearpeers.

With 2 Ci is better for me because it is easier to listen and understand... before in about 14 years of one ci it was for me narural to listen with only one CI... but in the last 3 months I see if I stay with the oldest ci it is all so difficult to understand and listen with only one... it is like my brain is become slow to understand with only one ci... :-) I'm sorry that my English is not so good... but I will try to explain my experience...

I will try to stay tunned... but it is a little bit difficult... is there an app of hearpeers for smartphone?

Have a nice Evening Ivana and have a nice afternoon Adam!

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes there is an app for smart phone. I have one on my I phone. Don't worry about your English at all. We are so glad you found hearpeers. I was very surprised at how much of a difference having 2 implants over one has made.

ciao

Adam

My Audiologist said one timewith one CI you can ear 30 with 2 you don t ear 60 but 90... I didn't believe... so after 6 month of bilateral ci i can say it is so more easy to ear with 2 CI...

:-)

• HearPeers Heroes

ela, I found the same thing. Everything sounded so much crisper, clearer and fuller than with one. I was also able to locate where the sound was coming from, so much easier.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Ivana! I'm happy to know there is someone from Europe!!! I live in a small town near Trento,In the Alps area.

Hi Adam thank you for the wellcome on the hearpeers.

With 2 Ci is better for me because it is easier to listen and understand... before in about 14 years of one ci it was for me narural to listen with only one CI... but in the last 3 months I see if I stay with the oldest ci it is all so difficult to understand and listen with only one... it is like my brain is become slow to understand with only one ci... :-) I'm sorry that my English is not so good... but I will try to explain my experience...

I will try to stay tunned... but it is a little bit difficult... is there an app of hearpeers for smartphone?

Have a nice Evening Ivana and have a nice afternoon Adam!

Hi Ela - nice town, Trento: I once drove there ;)

Yes - because  neuroplasticity of your brain evolved, now you hear better with 2 implants; 1 is not enough to serve your capacities. 

Don't worry about language - I am also not native speaker and our peers are very open :)

For now there is not special app, but tech service of the community promises that we will be accessible over the Tapatalk. For now, try to load this site into your mobile phone's browser (like on the computer) and there is option which allows you to read this site as mobile type - less details, just text for small mobile phone's screens.

Stay tuned! :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana that's what I have on my phone. It gives you the option to see in full site on phone or the mobile version

• HearPeers Heroes

Well, it's not separate application - I hope that HP will be available over Tapatalk app, much easier to navigate :)