What do you use??

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Hey everybody

What assistive listening devices do you use? If so what do you use and for what purpose? Do you use any at all? I think sharing this info can help those that need a little help in certain situations but don't know what to look for.

• HearPeers Heroes

None until now but I will buy Siemens miniTEK as Samba got wireless options for connecting other devices.

• HearPeers Heroes

Pretty neat that you can now have a wireless option.

I use the telecoil mainly if I am talking on the phone. I also use the DAI cables or FM system to listen to music. With the FM I can do housework and not worry about cables or anything.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes, we with the first generation of Soundbridge and Bonebridge were pretty jealous on your possibilities :(

But, now we're in the saddle also! ;):D

• HearPeers Heroes

Great to hear that technology catching up

• HearPeers Heroes

Finally - now, this will allow me to do my job as a doc with BB. ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana,

Are you able to take advantage of say either an FM system or telecoil using the Samba?

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Perhaps we will - I am not totally in the concept of FM system. I know that we need streamer and than we should be able to pick up the sound from the FM system - I guess.

Well, Samba is over BT connected with Siemens miniTEK and then with other devices.

• HearPeers Heroes

What I have for the FM system is 2 small "boots" that I can attach to each processor that talks to my transmitter. The transmitter picks up the sound and send it to the processor via the "boot"

From looking at the samba, I do not see anywhere to attach something like that. Maybe using telecoil and loop system is the best way for you to go. I need to get better educated in assistive listening tech.

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh, I guess I will start doing it now - before it was blank shot for me as we didn't have any option.

• HearPeers Heroes

I guess we will learn a little something new, together.

You never stop learning.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hoping I will - I like to hang out with new technology  :P

When I read John's advices how to connect - I was totally stunned  :o  :wacko:  :blink:

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes there seems to be more and more choices with new technology each year

• HearPeers Heroes

Well - I am just starting...;)

Long time ago, I had a neck-loop for my mobile phone by Nokia. My best friend told me that people were looking me very oddly - not many people talk with themselves :D :D :D

• HearPeers Heroes

I think the sonnet has some type of neck loop. From what I understand, it will have Bluetooth capability. We will see. I think they rushed the launch of the sonnet trying to keep up with Cochlear.

If it was me, I would have waited until they got everything approved before launching. Just my 2cents.

• HearPeers Heroes

Well, it is approved in Europe - FDA is complicating  ;)

And, you have to admit - USA is not the centre of the world.  :huh:

• HearPeers Heroes

Totally agree with you on both counts Ivana.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Adam great topics to sharing information.

I'm using telecoil when talking by phone, I have opus2 and Rondo. I'm looking for FM receiver but I'm confused which one better; if any one have a great experience with ALDs and FM receiver please I need your assistance.

Best regards,

Hameed

• 5 months later...

I have been using the ClearSounds Quattro 4.0 that came with the CI.  It is a neckloop with Bluetooth technology.  I use it to connect to my laptop and android smart phone (both mic & sound).  Great for books on tape... from the phone.

• HearPeers Heroes

Quattro is good to use as I have one. I much prefer the PHONAK smart link fm system that I have as there is much better sound quality. It is more expensive than the Quattro which is a factor for people. There are a number of options out there. I would talk to your Audi about the pros and cons of each.

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm so new I have only used the DAI cord and then bluetooth which is a artone max 3. I look forward to a streamer or "mini microphone" option as the wireless options become available.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana,

Have you tested out the Siemens connection yet?