Sonnet 2

Amable Jose

Hello people. It's a pleasure to be here and share our history. My little daughter was diagnosed with profound hearing loss when she only had 2 month. After that we started to look information about CI. At the beginning we used hearing aids but it didn't work for her, with only 10 months Doctors decided surgery and we choose Sonnet 2. Now she's almost 2 years old and hasn't spoken yet but she's an amazing respond to the sounds. It's a long process but we're working hard every day hoping hear her fisrt word and much more. 

Edited by Amable Jose
Incomplete
  • Like 1

• Amable Jose changed the title to Sonnet 2
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Amable Jose

welcome to HearPeers!  Wishing your daughter the very best!

Where do you live?  Is your daughter receiving services on learning to listen with her cochlear implant?

We live in Spain. My daughter goes to speech therapy twice a week, at the moment works with bimodal language. I've been reading about auditory verbal therapy and it caught my attention, but no all auditory centers use it here. I don't know witch one could be the best? Her activation was 7 months ago and everything is going well for us. Thanks.

@Amable Jose

My son was diagnosed with severe hearing loss when he was 1 month old. He wore hearing aids for about 13 months but he did not benefit much from hearing aids. Then he was implanted bilaterally at 14 months and activated at 15 months. Now he is 21-month old. He babbles and responds to sounds but only say 1 word or 2 that we could clearly recognize. This is a life-long marathon. We can each other's cheer leaders. haha.

Here is a community I am in for parents with hard-of-hearing children, called Hearing first. You may have already be in the community. Please feel free to share your thoughts and concerns. I find the feedback from Hearing first community very insightful. Hope it helps. 

https://www.hearingfirst.org/