Ok I'm confused

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm sure that doesn't come as a surprise to some.

I was under the impression that the Rondo water wear was available in the U.S. I know it has been approved by the FDA months ago. Why is it not available???? Anyone?

• HearPeers Heroes

I wish I knew. I ask my MedEl rep every few weeks. As of last week, it is still not available to order. Someone mentioned that they were told July.

• HearPeers Heroes

That is strange. I can understand supply and demand but assumed they would be building up inventory as it has got to be very popular. Oh well middle of the summer it is I guess.

I received my Rondo along with waterwear on May 2015.

Why isn't it available?

• HearPeers Heroes

Aya,

Are you in the USA? I am and I keep asking for the water wear and being told that it is not available for order yet.

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I have seen this before in that the product is available but there is a delay in some getting it. It must be hard to keep up with all the orders. I would imagine medal did not want to make too many in advance for the US market in case the FDA wanted to make them change one part of it. That would be a lot of money and resources down the drain. At least we can take comfort in knowing that is has been approved now just have to wait for the, to catch up with orders and production.

Hi, sorry for the late respond. was busy with kids.

Yes, I'm in the US, and FDA has approved Sonnet, waterwear for the Rondo.

I haven't used it yet, it is still packed in the box.

I think I might need to order headband for the Rondo, and wear it in the gym.

• HearPeers Heroes

Aya,

The sportsband works great with the Rondo.

• HearPeers Heroes

Aha, let us know what you think of the sports band. I wonder if you could use the sports and for the opus 2 or sonnet?

• HearPeers Heroes

I have it also, Adam.  ;)

Great material, but I still put my unit previously into WaterWear bag because Sportband soak a sweat and think this is not good for my proc. 

Technically it's possible because pockets are pretty big, although, I bet it better suits to Rondo. But - improvisation is mother of all adaptations.  :P  ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

This is true ivana. That is a good point though. Based on the material of the band and the amount the person sweats, could be a problem potentially. Also the amount of hair and the geographic location can play a part

• HearPeers Heroes

Well, country where I live is pretty standard: hot summers and (not too much) cold winters. I guess I can't sweat more than my body counts liquid content when I run or ride a bike. 

Problem could be - the everyday situation but in those moments you do not wear sport band. 

Samba has better closing than Amade whose inner parts are almost unprotected. 

I received an email just last week informing me that the WaterWear is now available for purchase in the US.

• HearPeers Heroes

The water wear for the Rondo is available for purchase in the U.S. now. It just happened last week. Just contact your Med-El rep to place an order. Mine are on their way. Can't wait to hear while swimming.

• Like 1