Processor and helmets

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

I saw this question on another board and thought I would ask it here.

For those of you who wear a helmet, bike helmet or motorcycle, what do you do to keep the processor( mainly the coil) from falling off?

Modify the helmet?

Get one a little too big?

• HearPeers Heroes

Don't wear my processor when I'm wearing my M/C helmet. Cycle helmet I use a bandana to cut down the wind noise.

I'd rather have reduced hearing on my M/C than wear a helmet too big. I have an old helmet that I should experiment with to see if I can modify the inner foam to accommodate the processor.

• HearPeers Heroes

A lady was asking that question as when her son wears his bike helmet, they have trouble keeping his processor on. Can't remember which forum I saw it on. Will have to look and relay the info to her

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh, never fulfilled that interest but, remember Adam, I have found even modified football helmet:  

http://cochlearimplanthelp.com/journey/leisure-activities/sports/

There is an example of bike-helmet too.

• HearPeers Heroes

I remember seeing the picture of the football helmet. I didn't realize a bike helmet was made as well. It makes sense though as the regular cycling helmets are always evolving. A lot like the hearing implant industry

• HearPeers Heroes

I think this is just a modification - they mention that there is a lot space to put the outer unit. I just do not how then the helmet fits?  :huh:

• HearPeers Heroes

I am sure much more testing is going into the fit as well as safety. Looking forward to what comes out of it. Would love to see head protection for martial artists