Rondo 3 - first week

John Crozier

Hi just wanted to give an update on John's experience with Rondo 3.   So far he is quite impressed.  He is hearing better and you can see there is less tension in his face where he was trying so hard to hear before.  He finds it very comfortable and with a #2 magnet it stays put very well.  We had two nights where it didnt charge fully.  It may be that we didnt have it exactly right on the charger, or, it moved slightly while charging.  Now when i get up during the night I check his battery status and put the charged Rondo on his night table ready for him for morning.  It is really nice that it is so quick to get his hearing on in the morning.  

We tried audiolink with tv and that helps but he needs to practice more.  It is great using the microphone but have not tried it at a restaurant or a dinner event as yet.  Hope it will be good in those situations also.  We have tried telecoil but the purpose for which we needed it is not working.  The new church was supposed to have a loop system, instead they went for an IR or RF system.  In this case, is there any telecoil neckloop that is available to use in this situation?   we were disappointed in their decision not to go with the "loop".  The telecoil adapter is quite small and has to be treated delicately.  It would be so easy to lose it and the cap to protect the adapter is tiny...and its black which makes it harder on us older folks.  haha.  John has not tried the phone yet.  We are proceeding slowly.  

Battery.  The battery is lasting 14 hours or a little more.  We would have been really happy with 16 hrs.  We did purchase the "on the go" cable for charging.  We have not tried it yet but will this weekend.  All in all its been good.  Thank you Mary Beth for being so patient with all our questions.  You have a wealth of knowledge and so grateful you share it with us.  Thanks again from both of us.  Diane and John

• HearPeers Heroes

@John Crozier and Diane

This makes me so happy!!!!

I believe you can charge the Rondo 3 every night using that Rondo “on the go” plug in charger.  Something to consider if you find Rondo 3 not charging correctly by sitting upside down on the Qi charger overnight.  I believe @Dennisjbr had the same experience.

When establishments use IF or RF assistive listening systems, they usually have receivers people borrow to use that system.  Those receivers usually have ear buds for people to listen acoustically.  BUT almost all of those receivers also have an audio out jack…. Like a 3.5 mm headphone jack. So if you can take pictures of the receivers your church uses…. Be sure to capture the make and model label as well as any and all jacks…. I will help explore options that will work for John.

1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

@John Crozier and Diane

This makes me so happy!!!!

I believe you can charge the Rondo 3 every night using that Rondo “on the go” plug in charger.  Something to consider if you find Rondo 3 not charging correctly by sitting upside down on the Qi charger overnight.  I believe @Dennisjbr had the same experience.

When establishments use IF or RF assistive listening systems, they usually have receivers people borrow to use that system.  Those receivers usually have ear buds for people to listen acoustically.  BUT almost all of those receivers also have an audio out jack…. Like a 3.5 mm headphone jack. So if you can take pictures of the receivers your church uses…. Be sure to capture the make and model label as well as any and all jacks…. I will help explore options that will work for John.

Thank you and have a good weekend

@John Crozier I have a Rondo2, I was very lucky to only use the Processor for Church services but the TV speakers have been a challenge for me. I found that I could use over the ear headphones to listen to the TV. The head phone ear cup is as normal hearing people would wear them and the Rondo2 in its normal place on my head. The headphone cup is setting just under the processor but enough sound leaks out for the processor to pick it up just fine. The on the ear headphones work better than the around the ear headphones. With this in mind you might try your personal headphones plugged in to the Church sound system receiver. I get perfect sound from my TV doing this so I don’t know why it would not work with the Church supplied receiver. A set of cheap headphones is all you will need to try it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 1:34 PM, John Crozier said:

On 8/27/2021 at 7:20 PM, Tommy C said:

@John Crozier I have a Rondo2, I was very lucky to only use the Processor for Church services but the TV speakers have been a challenge for me. I found that I could use over the ear headphones to listen to the TV. The head phone ear cup is as normal hearing people would wear them and the Rondo2 in its normal place on my head. The headphone cup is setting just under the processor but enough sound leaks out for the processor to pick it up just fine. The on the ear headphones work better than the around the ear headphones. With this in mind you might try your personal headphones plugged in to the Church sound system receiver. I get perfect sound from my TV doing this so I don’t know why it would not work with the Church supplied receiver. A set of cheap headphones is all you will need to try it.

Regarding the IR neckloop.  Things are getting better.  The receiver for church is finally the right one.  Originally they purchased an RF receiver but it is actually an IR system.  Now that we have the right receiver John is able to hear but the sound is intermittent.  He needs to constantly adjust the neckloop and place it close to his Rondo.  When he does that he hears very well.  John is the only person that requires this device and they have been great trying to help him.  Thanks Mary Beth for all your help.  
diane