Replacement AudioLink

John Crozier

Hi, John received his replacement AudioLink which I paired to the Rondo 3 and his phone but cannot get it set up with the audiokey2.  Can you advise me please..it says the AudioLink assigned to this processor is not available….

thank you..

Diane & John

• HearPeers Heroes

@John Crozier

Are you wanting to use the AudioKey 2 app as your Rondo 3 remote?

If AudioLink is paired to the Rondo 3 and the phone, it can receive phone calls directly from the phone.  All other audio from the phone needs to use either the cables to AudioLink OR run the app called Audio2Ear in the background.

• HearPeers Heroes

@John Crozier

I am not sure why it isn’t working but his FineTuner Echo should also display settings while you try to sort things out.

Hi Mary Beth, I tried deleting the AudioKey 2 app and redoing it but still doesn’t work.  I’m not sure what I’m missing.  I’ll try again and see what happens.  Maybe someone will have an idea on this.  Thanks

regards,  Diane and John

• HearPeers Heroes

@John Crozier

I suggest using the send feedback function in the AudioKey 2 app and ask for a reply.  Here is how to do that..

Hi @John Crozier ! 

I had the same issue as well when I activated my RONDO 3 three weeks ago. I much prefer using my iPhone to control my RONDO 3 rather than using FineTuner. So I emailed Med-El and please see below for a reply from Patrick. It has been working well since. 

"According to your description, it sounds like Bluetooth is switched on, but the AudioKey 2 app doesn’t have the permission to use it.

Please proceed as follows:

• Open your iPhone settings
  • Scroll down to AudioKey 2 and tap on it
  • Make sure access to Location is set to ‘While using the app’ or ‘Always’
  • Make sure access to Bluetooth is switched on

Now the AudioKey 2 app should be able to find your audio processor.

Note: Make sure that the processor is switched off and back on (to put it into discovery mode for 1 minute) before you search for it in the app. 

Patrick Kamenschek
Software Support Engineer, R&D Software

I hope this helps. 

Charlie