Another mapping

kaztrekie

Ok next Monday I am back at Addenbrokes for another mapping I am wondering if they could put a bigger gap in between the programmes from the first mapping I have had four programmes each time ,they had programmed it four times so far and find by the end of the week it is going quiet again

I think they are only moving it up a small bit at a time has anyone had it moved up quite a bit on each programme

In November I have nt got any appointments and I am wondering if I should ask them for a couple just in case.

My brain seems to be ajusting quickly to the ci and I am getting wow moments almost every day but with a month break

I am wondering if the voices I can make out may go a bit too quiet again

Ok next Monday I am back at Addenbrokes for another mapping I am wondering if they could put a bigger gap in between the programmes from the first mapping I have had four programmes each time ,they had programmed it four times so far and find by the end of the week it is going quiet again I think they are only moving it up a small bit at a time has anyone had it moved up quite a bit on each programme In November I have nt got any appointments and I am wondering if I should ask them for a couple just in case. My brain seems to be ajusting quickly to the ci and I am getting wow moments almost every day but with a month break I am wondering if the voices I can make out may go a bit too quiet again

hello ,At 1st map programmes you won't get much sound as u will hear lots of shhhh as brain get used to it ,For your next appointment will be much better than first one .I tell you about my programme is been completed .

1st map - Lots of shh and very sensitivity

2nd map - The audiology have increased my volume also want sensitive turned down a bit cos i had to explain to them what i am hearing at the moment .When i hear bus or train brake squealing is kinda hurt me ears so i told them and they have reduced sensitivity .I noticed that my ci volume have dropped a bit that brain got used to it .I did had some twitching so med el clinical engineer have sort my twitching out and they done fantastic job.

3 rd map - I am getting there but need more volume so they have increased my volume also i have told them that if possible can i have more volume on remoted control for music only ,Let rock the party !! :D  I had three different programmed set up and go away for 3 weeks ,I have to find out which programmes is best hearing for me also had to make notes what i am hearing that is very important .Finally

4th maps - I have selected programme 3 so they have stored programme 3 into 1 ,I have ask them for more volume again !! i am surprised how quick i gone far .So programme 2 was little bit more volume . programme 3 is noised background reduced so i can hear people around me.

3 month assenetment is coming up soon in nov

Hope that help u .

Don't worry too much and  the audiology are brilliant and know their stuff very well .You have to tell them what are you hearing at the moment and they don't know as well also they want you to have best hearing performance outcome .It will improved every time u go for mapping session. .Everyone is different don't forget.

anyway good luck for ur 2nd mapping ,

I am happy for you getting wow moment and u wouldn't believe how progress i have gone far 3 months .Med el Ci is best thing invented thing ever !!

You can't rush your brain to get the best hearing so is will take time :P

Thanks of the reply I have nt been here much lately but my 2nd mapping went very well they turned the volume up quite a bit

And put a couple of extra programmes on shoud I need them.we also started telephone training I must admit I was very nervous about what I considered

A big step after 4 years of text relay but after a few goes I heard the speech therapist we ran though a few random sernarios and I though I can do this

Got home set my ci to t setting and phoned my mum and heard her to say we were both very happy was a understatement

I now phone her each day adding a little more conversation each time and its great.

I am off to London on Monday for my sons birthday that should be fun

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Karen, I was wanting them to really pump up the volume so to speak as well but they said that it takes the brain time to adjust to the new sound levels and if i went too high that i could be potentially taking 2 steps back instead of one forward. i went through the same thing where by the end of the week i was straining to hear anything until the next mapping. Try to be pateint and follow your audiologists advice. things will only get better.