Bluetooth

Andy Hunn

Hello all

Just an enquiring question.....

I like listening to music and when I'm out and about I use my iPhone and a neck loop to listen which has been good so far :-)

I recently got myself an Apple watch and found out that I can use this to connect to a Bluetooth device such as speakers and headphone without the need to have my iPhone with me

Now the question.....

Is there a Bluetooth device to connect with the opus 2 for listening to music ?

Thanks for any help or advice

Andy

• HearPeers Heroes

Quattro 4 from Clear Sounds- Bluetooth to neck loop

• HearPeers Heroes

You can also use an FM system as well. You wear the transmitter around you neck similar to the Quattro

• HearPeers Heroes

Andy, the one I got was from phonak. The receiver is a very small boot that attaches to the DAI port on the battery pack. The transmitter you wear around your neck or plugged into whatever you want to listen to. Music on your iPad, talk on phone.....I will look into which on I got. I believe the "smart link". Will try to post some pics later today.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks for reminding me. Will check now

• 1 year later...
On 7/8/2015 at 0:21 AM, Andy Hunn said:

the question.....

Is there a Bluetooth device to connect with the opus 2 for listening to music ?

Hi Andy,

everyone in Europe uses the ARTONE 3 MAX for listening to music and phone calls - much smaller Bluetooth device than the Quattro. It connects to the implant with Telecoil.

artone 3 white.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

I prefer the sound quality of the Artone too.

• HearPeers Heroes

Interesting. I haven't seen this option. Of course I haven't been liking either ?

• HearPeers Heroes

Curious, using Bluetooth how much quicker it drains your batteries, if at all. I don't normally use Bluetooth. Bluetooth would definitely provide better sound quality so I guess it would be a good tradeoff. 

• HearPeers Heroes

It's actually T coil drain on the processor.  BlueTooth from sound source to neckloop.  Then T coil from neckloop to processor.

• HearPeers Heroes

I am mainly drawing my experience from an fm system as well as AID. Don't use Bluetooth. 

• HearPeers Heroes

The telecoil does not drain the battery as much as an FM System but the FM System has better sound quality.  It's a trade off.

• HearPeers Heroes

Agreed! Telecoil isn't that bad. 

The FM and DAI make battery life shorter

• HearPeers Heroes

I prefer the Quattro 4. The sound quality is much better compared to the art one max 3. Plus I found that artone was more finicky to use. I used an old Quattro as well. The sound quality for that was good. Better than artone. Just my experience. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Good to hear Kara.

not everyone will have the same experience so the more info people have from different viewpoints, the better to help possibly make a decision on which ones to start to try and figure out which one works best for them.