Issues with Nucleus 7 and bluetooth

Dave0

Hi all, I have a CI Nucleus 7 and an IPhone SE yet every time that I send an SMS or close an app the sound goes off from my processor. I`ve had all parts replaced, re-installed the app and have the latest IOS. Has anyone else had a similar issue or know how to fix this please? Thanks 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave0

Hi!  That must be frustrating.  This forum is hosted by Med-El so we are almost all Med-El processor users.  I hope you find a solution soon.

• 1 year later...

If you have your iPhone notifications set up to make a sound when a text comes in (or other event occurs), your phone will attempt to connect to your processors.  Ironically, the audible alert will be too brief to be heard after the connection process.  So it will seem like your processor has gone off-line for a moment.  Solution: Review your Notification settings and turn off audible alerts.  

If you have the Cochlear Nucleus Smart app on your phone, you also can use it to set the microphone to a non-zero value during streaming.  That way, when the processor switches over to the phone, you still hear ambient noise.  And the phone will prompt the switch whenever, for example, you're scrolling Twitter and a post with an embedded video enters the screen, whether you're playing it or not.  The switching will be annoying but at least you'll still hear whatever's happening in the environment.  One catch-22: in order to get to the mic-level controls for streaming, the phone must be streaming-- either some "content" (video, music, podcast...) or a phone call.