Home alone at night or away from home

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I am looking forward to traveling again when the pandemic is more under control so I have been playing with ways to be alerted to sounds like doorbell, door knock, smoke & fire alarms etc when I am asleep and not at home.

Winner is……

Sound Recognition accessibility feature on my iPhone set up to send alerts by vibration to my FitBit Inspire worn on my wrist.  Terrific set up! And always with me.

note:  some android phone users report that some fitbits do not vibrate strongly enough.  I use iPhone and have been using my Fitbit for years as a silent alarm.  It wakes me up every time.

I saw that the other day and thought about it and then bypassed it. Now you have gotten me intrigued again. I’ve set it up to recognize door bell and knock to ding in my hearing aid. Although, I really don’t need it. My door bell and knock notifier is pictured below. She is more reliable than any tech could be. Haa, the grandfather clock just set off the doorbell notification!

9760077A-6782-4778-BC08-429BE0FB45D0.thumb.jpeg.a9744caa0bc32b131826e9ab89a0089d.jpeg

• Haha 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Eric in Tulsa

LOL.  And way cuter!

I have been waiting for some noise to be misidentified but so far it has been accurate.

As it turned out, she was much more sensitive and accurate. The doorbell rang yesterday and she alerted and my phone did not   The reason was because we were in an upstairs back bedroom far away from the bell, which is downstairs. But it wasn’t too far for my fur baby. I’ve since turned the feature off. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Eric in Tulsa

I like the feature but my use of it is only overnight when my processors are off.  My phone charges overnight in our living room which is ideal for picking up doorbell & doorknocks.  When I travel, the hotel room is small enough that the phone would pick up sounds easily there too, including smoke/fire.

My phone sends the alert to my FitBit Inspire which vibrates on my wrist.

• Thanks 1