Rondo with iPhone

iHM24

Dear colleagues,

I'm new cochlear implant user I want to know how can I connect my Rondo with iPhone without using mini battery pack?

There is a solution to connect it directly via telecoil?

Now if I want to talk by iPhone I make it speaker and keep it near my Rondo

• HearPeers Heroes

Good morning and welcome to hearpeers!

I actually have 2 opus 2's. I do not have a rondo but I believe the telecoil function is the same.

You should have received a fine tuner (remote control)

If you want to talk on the phone, you have 2 options.

You can press the button on your fine tuner that has a T/M on it. This will activate the telecoil so you can more clearly hear on the phone. It also keeps the mic on the rondo on so you can here the environment around you.

You can also press the T button. This will turn off the mic on your processor so all you will hear is the person on the phone. When you are done with your conversation, press the m botton and it will go back to normal.

The fine tuner is also set up to be used if you are bilateral as well.

Hope this helps

Thanks Mr. Fitzgerald, It's difficult to hear clearly when you talk by mobile if you using Rondo. However, you should keep iPhone on speaker and keep it close to Rondo. I wish I can hear directly without keep iPhone very close to my top head.

• HearPeers Heroes

try using the telecoil on your fine tuner. that helped me a great deal. I could be in a room full of people but am able to only hear the person on the phone and not all the people around me when I use the telecoil

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Hameed,

I have a Rondo and use it with my phone. I switch to T on the Fine Tuner and then do this:

-Rondo is worn with the mic at the 12:00 position

-Hold phone near bottom 6:00 position of Rondo

You will know if you are holding the phone in the correct place to access the T coil of the Rondo when the sound is loudest from the phone.

If you can, ask someone to call you and just talk or read something to you while you play with the position of the phone until you find the best place.

I hope this helps,

Mary Beth

Hi Mary,

Thanks a lot dear, it's really clear I tried it without M+T I heared only voice from phone.

Thank you very much for your kindly assistance I appreciate that.

Best regards,

Hameed

• HearPeers Heroes

Glad to hear things are getting better with your phone, Hameed.