Gerald questions

SoCalRes

I have new hearing aids trying to avoid a CI. They mostly work fine one on one but on the phone and in large areas/group settings it is difficult to understand.  Now I am reading that an additional device might be needed in a group setting, watching TV or listening to music.  Is this common? Also does the CI help  understanding people with masks? I don't want to move forward only to find that the procedure doesn't meet my needs or expectations/

Thank you. 

Not knowing what you might have as hearing aids nor what make of mobile phone you use, the following are generic comments. My mobile phone is paired with my hearing aids so phone calls come straight into my ears. I also have the same ability to pair with my TV although I do not always use it. I also have an app on my phone which allows me to select amongst various programmes for restaurants, musique, telecoil etc. You might want to discuss this with the people from whom you bought your current hearing aids. They should be able to advise you specifically. At this stage going the CI route might be taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut if you are currently not taking advantage of all your hearing aids can do for you.

• HearPeers Heroes

@SoCalRes

CIs have been life changing for me.  I hear fine with just my CIs.  I use assistive tech only for streaming.  Wishing you the best.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Jujee

You will be surprised at sounds you have been missing.  Good luck with your first hearing aid.