frequently audio wire get faulty

ramjadeja

Hi,

My child vraj has hearing problem and chochlear implant has been done since 2 year . The machine result is good

But there are certain problems which repeats again and again. There were 6 times audio cable changed due to not working. We take lot of care of machine and accessories still every time it get need to change. Why does it being frequently?

Please suggest us to do heedful.

Ram Jadeja

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately that is a problem with the wires. The company will send you one back to replace it for free but you must have the broken one to send it back when you got the new one. 

• HearPeers Heroes

It depends, however, where do you live and which insurance the implantee has.

The OPUS had some problematic set of cables - a special care is taken that the new product, the Sonnet, does not have same issues.

• 4 weeks later...

even   i face the same problem, opus cable is there any address to report the same and get help, for exchanging the old one

• HearPeers Heroes

The cable on my Opus2 lasted about 6 months before needing replacement.  Many people commented on having to replace that cable.  Fortunately the new cable on the Sonnet is lasting longer.  10 months and still going strong.

• HearPeers Heroes

It seems Med-EL took a better care after learning the lesson...