13 Days since activation WOW!

Cynthia

Wow! Everything sounds so different to me. I have worn bilateral hearing aids for 40 years. My right ear was implanted June 30th and I was activated July 22nd. Most of the time I 'm trying to do what my audiologist told me, to only use my implant but it is really hard. I put my hearing aid on if there is something I really need to hear. I wanted to ask if anyone else heard a soft humming/machine sound all the time in the beginning few weeks after activation? Speech is still robotic sounding. I just want my brain to hurry up and catch on!

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Cynthia,

There is so much change in the first weeks after activation. Things change very quickly. I also just wore my CI alone as much as possible. When necessary, I went bimodal. I don't think I heard a soft humming sound or machine sound but everyone's journey is different. Are you sure you are on M setting and not MT?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Cynthia

I wore my 2nd processor as much as I could by itself after I was activated the 2md time. Trust me, it will help you in the long run.

It also sounds like you are experiencing some tinnitus. Be sure to let your Audi know of any strange sounds you are hearing. She/he should be able to get to the bottom of it.

Congratulations

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

I agree - this sounds like tinnitus.