Just curious

PhillipRisner

I've only had the activation visit with the audiologist since my surgery .  The sound i'm getting is still not understandable  and indescribable . Its downright annoying in certain situations. I constantly adjust the volume and sensitivity on my devices . Im on the 4th setting too, if anyone is familiar with what I've shared please speak to this. I'm not familiar with any of this honestly.  Thanks in advance and Happy New Year everyone.?

• HearPeers Heroes

@PhillipRisner

I’m sorry your first weeks have been frustrating.  I started off hearing only static and beeps.  The app now called Word Success (free) was very helpful as step 1 does not require us to understand any words at all, just distinguish the number of parts heard.

I did not use the volume nor the sensitivity controls during my first weeks.  I used those progressive programs the way they were and let my brain start figuring sounds out.

How are environmental noises sounding to you?

Progressive programs you mean the 4 steps programmed to my devices ?  I really didn't spend much time on 1 , 2 and 3 .Went to 4 right away ..The environmental sounds are no problem at all .

• HearPeers Heroes

@PhillipRisner

Some audiologists activate our CIs using a gentler approach.  You may just be ready for more current/volume than you can reach with your present MAPs.  Have you tried level 1 in the free Word Success app in the iOS App Store yet?

6 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@PhillipRisner

Some audiologists activate our CIs using a gentler approach.  You may just be ready for more current/volume than you can reach with your present MAPs.  Have you tried level 1 in the free Word Success app in the iOS App Store yet?

No ma'am about to look it up thanks so much ! 

On 1/5/2022 at 1:13 PM, Mary Beth said:

@PhillipRisner

I'm about to expose my level of ignorance lol the app does it matter that it is provided by advanced bionic? Also my devices are Android? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@PhillipRisner

The app Word success is available for free to anyone.  I believe it only works on iOS devices.

• Like 1