Sheesh

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Just when you think they are making progress.

• HearPeers Heroes

I do believe the amount of Spam hinders the success of this forum. There are just a lot of spam posts.

Yes. Very frustrating. Wish they could do something about it. I am trying to report each one as spam, but not sure if that is going to help.

• HearPeers Heroes

I was also reporting each one but I stopped. There needs to be a fix that prevents this spam before it is posted. It's getting hard to locate the true posts.

I think it has to do with the forum design. Spammers have developed automated programs to register and post on most generic sites, so if the forum is using an 'off-the-shelf' product, then it is quite easy for them to get on. My guess is there are security settings which could be used to stop these spammers from posting, but they would also make it harder for genuine people to register. It is something the mods should really look into though.

• HearPeers Heroes

He said they the security settings were in place. Not sure what's going on. Frustrating to say the least

• HearPeers Heroes

Looks like all the spam posts are now flagged I guess if we see that flag don't even bother opening it

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't know but I have never seen so many spams at some forum. Interestingly, most of spam-post appear during weekend so they know when it is appropriate to breake in.

Hi guys, we've implemented a new security measure to stop the spam. Since implementation we haven't received any spam so far. Your help is always really appreciated! Have a great day.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you for your attention Ben ;)