Neckloops and telecoils

MikeH

I'm curious how people like this setup with a unit that streams to telecoils. Is quality fair, great or soso.

Still trying to decide between Cochlear or Medel. Was leaning toward Cochlear but this telecoil idea is becoming more interesting to me.

Does this need the audiostream add on or is the telecoil in the processor ?  Then how is the telecoil turned on ? Or does it need to be. Don't mind the neckloop idea just wondering if the quality of sound is impressive for lack of a better term.  I think I seeing other accessories that send directly to the processor and wonder if telecoil is just as good.

Still working on learning enough to ask intelligent questions. Lot to learn to make a decision. Have to make a choice soon 2/9 is implant date.

Thanks, Mike

• HearPeers Heroes

@MikeH

I have been using the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop almost daily since 2016.  It is my favorite streaming tech.  Just set the Sonnet 2 on MT for mix or T for streamed sound only.  A return mic is in the neckloop to pick up our voices during calls.  Here is a captioned video of my review of the Artone.  I do not have any financial relationship with the company.  I just really like their neckloop.

I also like the AudioStream direct BTLE streaming from phones and tablets to Sonnet 2.  That battery cover can just always be attached so it is ready to use whenever we want.

I might be headed in the wrong direction with my question but here goes.

With the Artone to telecoil is the hearing as good as without the Artone and telecoil engaged ?

Or with the MT setting can I leave it that way all the time with or without the Artone ?

Does the Artone send in stereo if it it recieves stereo from bluetooth device.

Reason I ask. Need to make a decision between Cochlear brand with matching aid or Medel with existing signia aid that can have telecoil added on. I guess soon if the audioligist ever calls. 2/9 surgery

• HearPeers Heroes

@MikeH

some android phones and some hearing aids allow for dual streaming to the HA and AudioStream (Sonnet2).

Neckloops are in blended audio so no audio is missed but it sounds the same on both sides.

I have been implanted for 7 years and the streaming tech has changed so many times.  The internal components are primarily the parts that impact quality of sound.  We will be changing out our streaming tech and processors many times but hopefully keeping our internal components for a very long time.

• 1 month later...

Hello Mary Beth,

do you know many of any option or idea to bring the wire from the Artone neckloop closer to the telecoil adapter of the rondo 3. I think it would save battery lifen then as I could the reduce the Artone volume very much if its close. also the sound quality seemed so much better ( but here it might just be because louder sometimes also sounds better ). Cheers, Cris

• HearPeers Heroes

@cnherzfeld

I find the Artone to be a loud neckloop already.  I often have my phone volume set quite low.  

You can wear the neckloop in a headband which would make the neckloop very close to the Rondo 3 telecoil adapter.

In my experience using T with neckloops has a minimal impact on battery life unlike using 2.4 connectivity options like AudioLink.