5 days post-op

Bmws1997

• HearPeers Heroes

There are at least 7 cm from retroauricular incision place until top if the head. It can be anything...

• HearPeers Heroes

In the area of the incision of course - after any surgical procedure you can expect swelling because (elementary spoken) this is tissue trauma. A body can not differ a trauma by knife, surgical scalpel, or a punch. It creates an inflammatory response no matter if scalpel is not infected - only on that way it can respond on time and fight if anything is wrong. If not (as usually with surgical procedures) it resolves quickly within a month mostly.

Thank you, Ivana. I have been through multiple surgeries involving my ear, so I know how I usually feel after each one. I guess this has been a different response then I'm used to. Glad to hear everything should settle down with time.

• HearPeers Heroes
;). Of course, just don't worry too much - observe but give it a chance to heal without too much attention :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to Hearpeers. I've had my CI for 2 years now and each day is better than the last. Good luck with your activation. I'm also Canadian and am from Thunder Bay. We are here to support each other. Feel free to ask any questions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Get well soon. I know for me sleeping was an issue having my head on the pillow.

I also had a Cholesteatoma. It did a real number on the bones and middle ear. Hope healing speeds up for you

Adam

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Hi all! BMWS how's it going? I can't wait for my

Surgery well, not the surgery in itself but the journey to begin!! So thanks to all for all the support I see I have been quite depressed this year waiting for 14 months to hear of a surgery date. So love to all!!! ❤️❤️