upgrade to Sonnet

Vicki Rokeby

It seems it is time to upgrade my Med-El external processor (left side-rec'd 8+ years ago).  I am a bilateral recipient and have had much more success with my right implant results than my left, though overall I have experienced tremendous success.  My audiologist is amazed that I repeatedly score in the mid-90% in the sound-proof testing when using both processors.  (Left processor alone falls to half or less.)

I am wondering if anyone "out there" in implant-land has upgraded to the new Sonnet processor with "older" internal equipment and what the experience has been. 

Vicki

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Vicki,

Look under the tab for Sonnet and read the 6 week review upgrade from Opus2 to Sonnet.

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes Vicki that is a very thorough review of the new sonnet. I definitely agree with Beth that you check that post out. Hopefully it will answer some of your questions.

I do know that each of the implants at backward compatible and not matter what il ant you have, it should work quite well with new coding strategies as well as prossessors