Activated yesterday

new_user24

So yesterday i got my first implant "turned on" & I am quite surprised with the results! I can already tell the difference between some sounds & voices. I guess it is because I have only been a few moths without sound so my brain still knew what things were. Any suggestions or opinions would be great, thanks.  :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Great news! Just wear it and keep matching what you are hearing to sounds and speech. Enjoy the ride.

• HearPeers Heroes

Excellent news - how your deafness happened. We would like to hear little bit more about you and the process of making decision to realearn the hearing - with CI. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

That's great news. Be sure to practice a bunch. Keep us updated. What an awesome way to start out.

thank you everyone! this is definitely a great experience and im so happy i decided to get a CI.

--Ivana if you go to my profile and check my topics I posted a brief history of my hearing situation

• HearPeers Heroes

Ugh, sorry - I am on mobile phone so little bit restricted with a view: will try to catch up on desktop computer.

Congratulations!

Keep with it, and wear it as much as you can.

I have had mine for 3 months and I wear it from the time I get up (which is really early lol) until bed.

• HearPeers Heroes

Keep up the great work! And just think, you are still improving.

Adam