Does anyone hear incoming Txt message beeps while using Audio Stream on Android phone?

TKci

• HearPeers Heroes

@TKci

I am an iPhone user but maybe this will help

Selecting what to stream to your hearing aids

Smartphones can stream a wide variety of audio to your hearing aids: phone calls, music, audio from videos you’re watching, and even notification sounds and virtual keyboard clicks. You may want all these noises, or you might find them overwhelming. To ensure that you’re hearing the sounds you want (and not hearing the sounds you don’t), follow these steps:
guide.

• If you want to stream only phone calls to your hearing aids, Apple devices on iOS 13 or later allow you to turn off all notifications by going to Settings > Accessibility > Hearing Devices > Audio Routing > Media Audio and set it to “Never Hearing Devices.” For Android devices, hearing aid wearers should disable apps that stream audio directly.
  • If you want to stream audio from selected apps to your hearing aids, both Android and iPhone users should go to Settings > Notifications and ensure that Sounds are turned on or off as appropriate for each application. Android users may have the option to disable all app sounds with a single switch.

consumer-connectivity-blog-screens_500x4
  • To enable touchscreen and keyboard sounds, iPhone users should go to Settings > Sounds (or Sounds & Haptics) and turn on Keyboard Clicks and Lock Sound. Android users should follow a similar process at Settings > Sounds and Vibration.

Hello Mary Beth,

This is a very good suggestion,  it makes perfect sense, thank you.

Android must have a similar option tucked away in one of its deeper menus.  This will require research as I did not see where/how to do this in the main menus.

If/when I find it, I will report back.

Thank you

Tony

Well, back again.  

It appears all my settings and and the AS connectivity is good.  I have an Android One+ N10 phone running ver11.

I can listen to things like YouTube with no problem, it works very well, especially after updating the firmware.

My initial question was regarding hearing notifications from txt messages, well now that has expanded some.  I actually cant hear a phone call ring or the conversation, BUT I can hear the hangup beep very loud and clear.   It was to the point that I was about convinced AS is not for phone calls, but it is.

I have deleted, forgotten, re-paired and boosted audio but no hint of sound EVEN though my phone shows it is connected/routing audio to the AS device.

Phone calls work great on AudioLink, as it should just not AudioStream.

I have Audio Link disabled to not get in the way proper operation of AS.

I can also say that I get a loud click/pop when a call or txt message comes in, just as one may expect,  just not actual audio.

I may have to fire up a different phone and see what happens.

Thanks for listening and any suggestions.

Tony

• HearPeers Heroes

@TKci

Anu chance your phone is using AudioLink for calls when you want it to use AudioStream?  On iPhones we can choose the audio routing between connected devices.  I’m not sure how that works with android phones.  Maybe run a test when AudioLink is not connected?

Hi MB-

I have Audio Link turned off completely and also forgotten from bluetooth.

plus, when trying to make a call the icon shows AS active for sound choice  other two choices are spkr or phone itself.

I am located not that far from Med El in NC, some one had posted there is an in-house audiology that helps get these issues goin, maybe thats a possibility?

• HearPeers Heroes

@TKci

in house audiology at Med-El US is contacted by email or phone.  Give them a call or shoot them an email.  Let us know when you get this sorted out.

Ok, i was able to make the AS function on phone calls using another phone which was a Google Pixel 3xl using v12.

I did briefly attempt to hear txt msg alerts while I had access to the phone but it did not alert me, I will assume it wasnt set properly, I only had a few minutes to try it.  Maybe txt alerts arent possible on Android?  Could someone confirm they can hear the txt message alert?

At this point, the One+ N10 phone doesnt seem capable:wacko:, but I will continue trying.

Thanks everybody,

Tony

• HearPeers Heroes

@TKci

If you are looking for a work around to get alerted to text messages, I have my FitBit Inspire set up to alert me.  It vibrates and shows the message.

That is similar to what I do.  I use a Wyze watch which is very inexpensive yet gets the job done.  Its no match when compared to a fitbit product, but it gets the job done.