My Rondo fell in water! Is there any hope for it?

RachelM

Hi everyone, 

This is my first time posting on this site. I was activated this summer after idiopathic sudden hearing loss last winter. Everything is moving along as expected until last night...

I was cooking, and while standing at the sink washing some greens, my rondo fell off and into the bowl of water! I yanked it out immediately, but it was fully submerged for 1-2 seconds. I turned it off, took out the batteries and put it in the automatic drier device - for a few cycles... I have not tried turning it on today, but it has almost been 24 hours. No good comes from turning it on earlier rather than later, and as with Schrodinger's proverbial cat, as long as I keep it in the box there is a chance that it is still alive!

Is there any way that this thing is not completely dead? If it does not turn on is there a way to repair it? Do I have a $10,000 plastic paper weight?

I will take any and all advice!

Thanks,

Rachel

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Rachel,

So sorry to read that your Rondo went swimming. Fingers crossed that it works after you muster up the strength to test it out.

If it doesn't work, it may be able to be replaced under the one time loss/damage warranty in the U.S.

Let us know how it goes.

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Rachel. I think I have heard that certain outer units were even washed in a dishwasher - and nothing happened.

You did excellent job by turning it off as soon as it is possible. So, there is a reasonable chance that it's ok. ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

You did everything right and logical as soon as you could - this has to be counted. Not just luck. ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

I think you are ok as long as it was not submerged for a period of time. I think your quick reflexes helped. Be sure to let your rep know if you have any trouble with it