Opus 2 & Quattro 4.0

iHM24

Dear colleagues,

Any one have an idea on using ClearSound (Quattro 4.0) on opus 2 and rondo, I'm thinking to purchase it.

However; I have Roger Pen but unfortunately I can't hearing music via roger pen I saw Quattro 4.0 it's cheaper and more spec. Please advice me ASAP if somebody use Quattro 4.0 and how it's work, how to connect it and which accessories I need to use it on Opus2 and Rondo.

Best regards,

Hameed

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Hameed,

I use the Quattro4 with my Opus 2 and Rondo. It's a neckloop so all you do is put it around your neck, turn it on, BlueTooth pair it with your sound source, then select either MT or T on your Fine Tuner and you are set. It remembers what you paired it with so it will pair automatically after your initial pairing.

Check out the Hands On Hearing website. Jeff has tons of great info there, including videos.

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Batteries do not matter when you use the neckloop. Nothing will actually be attached to your processor. Your processor will pick up the sound through its telecoil. All you have to do is wear the neckloop and have the processor on MT or T.

Thank you Mary

that's great better than roger pen which you should using battery pack for FM (roger x) so I used so many battries at least now I can use Decapo battery ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

The FM battery cover for the Opus2 allows you to use DiCapo batteries and an FM at the same time I believe.

HI Hameed,

I believe Mary has answered your questions. You can also check out handsonhearing.com for useful information on accessories, etc.

I would like to discuss the Roger Pen in more detail:

What receiver are you using -- a fm mini receiver that is connected to FM battery sleeve or a neckloop?

Is there a port on the bottom of the roger pen that you can connect an iPad, iPhone, or music device to? check out http://www.phonak.com/content/dam/phonak/gc_hq/b2b/en/products/accessories/rogerpen/_documents/Quick_Guide_Roger_Pen_029-3148.pdf and look at step 5.

The Clearsounds is indeed a wonderful product. Just want to provide additional assistance to see if we can make the Roger work just as well before you invest in another product.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hameed,

Jeff has good advice. The Roger subnetwork signal should work fine with music. The Quattro4 neck loop is great but since it is a telecoil loop, you encounter interference at times.

Mary Beth

Dear Jeff,

Thank you very much that what I do I connect my roger pen via cable to tv or iPhone to hearing from TV or iPhone, etc...

Hameed,

Jeff has good advice. The Roger subnetwork signal should work fine with music. The Quattro4 neck loop is great but since it is a telecoil loop, you encounter interference at times.

Mary Beth

Dear Mary,

You mean there's delay in hearing music or TV when using Quattro 4.0?!

I didn't face this issue when I used my Roger Pen, sound clear and perfect but sometimes the music like electronic sound. However, before I lost hearing and used CI even by latest technology there are differences between natural hearing and using CI, but at least I thank GOD I recover my hearing via CI at least I can hear not like last 10 months back when I become deaf...

Best regards,

Hameed

I purchased from Harriscomm this items:

ClearSounds Quattro 4.0 Bluetooth Neckloop with QH2 and QLink HC-QT4KIT3 1 $509.95

ClearSounds CSIR2012 RCA Cable HC-IR2012RCA 1 $15.00

ClearSounds ClearLink CL001 Single Silhouette HC-CL001 1 $39.95

ClearSounds CLA7BT Bluetooth Neckloop Charging Kit HC-CLA7BT/KIT 1 $27.98

Subtotal $592.88

I'm waiting my shipment ;)

It's good deals?

What about price I make comparisons between price from multiple price even from ClearSounds best price and package I got it from HarrisComm but my problem there is no international shipping so I put my USA P.O. box address (Aramix) to ship it I wish they are accept to ship it to Aramex, otherwise I will purcahse them from eBay because there is international shipping.

However, HarrisComm requesting home address in USA and I'm living in Bahrain and there is no agent for ClearSound in my country:(

I request from them to shipping my items to my USA P.O. Box I wish they agree for that..

Hi Hameed.

Have you used telecoil before? The reason I ask, is that I want you to be sure you liked using telecoil with music. I personally love it (as many MEDEL users do), but I was hoping you had some experience before making the large order.

The Clearsounds will use telecoil to primarily deliver the wireless audio to your processor. The ROGER uses FM, which is a different signal.

Since you are international, I am not sure what the process would be if you had to return it. I have no doubts you will enjoy the ClearSounds product -- but just want to be sure you had some expectation of what it is like -- since you are investing in a large order.

Just looking out for you, my friend. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

I love telecoil because it doesn't have me connected directly with the sound source.

I love DAI because it sound the best.

I love FM because there is no delay in sound. When I use the Quattro4 with my iPad and watch a video- there is a slight delay that I dislike. The lips don't exactly match the sound. Now listening to music or audio only is no problem because you don't see the delay.

That's just my experience.

Jeff uses a loop for his TV and that set up probably does not have a sound delay. Right Jeff?

• HearPeers Heroes

I believe the slight sound delay when using the Quattro4 is due to the BlueTooth connection. If you use the T for telecoil in a looped venue, there is no sound delay and it sounds awesome. I went to see a comedian last night in a looped theater and switched to T. I heard every word. Clear sound, no delays.

I have a question for you that you use the Clearsound 4.0 or the phonak riger pen . Can you tell me if these devices improve speech understanding in noise ? which of these two device do you think work better in noisy environment?

• HearPeers Heroes

Andrea,

I answered this in your other thread.

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I have a question for you that you use the Clearsound 4.0 or the phonak riger pen . Can you tell me if these devices improve speech understanding in noise ? which of these two device do you think work better in noisy environment?

These devices work for CI, not for a Bonebridge.  :unsure:  :(

Hello girls! first of all thank you for your answers but I still have some perplexity :

1 ) Ivana are you sure that the two devices are incompatible with the bonebridge ? where did you read it? I had already rated the samsung Minitek but unfortunately not having a microphone for help me in the noise.

2 )In these devices I don't search a help for hear the music or TV , are secondary issues not too important for me . What interests me is can hear in noise environment, where there are many people talking , because my bonebridge does not satisfy me in these situations . I want

I would like to understand if there are some Devices that working with bonebridge via blothoot to improve this my problem.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello girls! first of all thank you for your answers but I still have some perplexity :

1 ) Ivana are you sure that the two devices are incompatible with the bonebridge ? where did you read it? I had already rated the samsung Minitek but unfortunately not having a microphone for help me in the noise.

2 )In these devices I don't search a help for hear the music or TV , are secondary issues not too important for me . What interests me is can hear in noise environment, where there are many people talking , because my bonebridge does not satisfy me in these situations . I want

I would like to understand if there are some Devices that working with bonebridge via blothoot to improve this my problem.

Andrea, please read the manufacturer's website, section of Bonebridge/Soundbridge. There is stated that for streaming users should use Siemens MiniTek device. Nothing else is mentioned... MiniTek works over Bluetooth technology.

Also, do you use individual programmes for each situation? I use programme where background noise is silenced. Also, using different setting of microphones can help.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Jeff,

Good to see you on the forum.

Question about the SONNET wireless connections. I know it has integrated telecoil capability to work with Quattro but it also has the high fidelity 2.4 Ghz connection. The Roger Pen supports both the integrated telecoil and 2.4 Ghz. Does the SONNET work with the Roger Pen 2.4 Ghz connection? I believe the connection will be clearer with the 2.4 Ghz interface.

• HearPeers Heroes

I have the PHONAK FM system and love it. I have the Quattro which I just got when I upgraded to the sonnets but have not tried it yet. As mentioned in another post, I will give it a shot this weekend.